I mean, really, surely this is a bit soon? I feel more like Scrooge every year, but it’s still early November, Christmas is a month and a half away and already we have to listen to Xmas tunes in the supermarket, be wished “merry Christmas” in commercials on the telly and see illuminations and Xmas trees going up everywhere. Times are hard and I suppose the shops want to sqeeze out every yen they can, but I’m not looking forward to six weeks of this. The final insult is that when 25th December finally arrives there won’t be a trace of any of this Christmas stuff to be seen! “Christmas Ib” as it’s known here is the climax on the 24th, Christmas day doesn’t exist and the countdown to New Year will be underway.
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- Hong Kong & Taiwan "...not just because democracy anywhere on Chinese soil scares Beijing as it might give their o… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 55 minutes ago
- RT @sehof: ‘So please quit it with the fearmongering that China is “driving away” Taiwan. It's not, really. Taiwan got in the car and drove… - posted 1 hour ago
- "The ideologues sitting in Beijing can’t quite believe their luck at the viciousness of American politics." twitter.com/You_Shu_China/… - posted 1 hour ago
- Please, before the smartphone gets entrenched, can someone in Japan see how much more efficient a contactless card… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 4 hours ago
- RT @JonReinsch: US F-16 drops 200 kg (440 lb) dummy bomb outside firing range in northeastern Japan US must be quaking in its boots after s… - posted 4 days ago