I mean, really, surely this is a bit soon? I feel more like Scrooge every year, but it’s still early November, Christmas is a month and a half away and already we have to listen to Xmas tunes in the supermarket, be wished “merry Christmas” in commercials on the telly and see illuminations and Xmas trees going up everywhere. Times are hard and I suppose the shops want to sqeeze out every yen they can, but I’m not looking forward to six weeks of this. The final insult is that when 25th December finally arrives there won’t be a trace of any of this Christmas stuff to be seen! “Christmas Ib” as it’s known here is the climax on the 24th, Christmas day doesn’t exist and the countdown to New Year will be underway.
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- RT @hausfath: If emissions had peaked back in 2000 we would be skiing down a bunny slope toward 1.5C. Today we face a double black diamond,… - posted 1 hour ago
- RT @jhgage1: @StillDanLehrer @CynthiaSax @hausfath @robbie_andrew The IPCC SR15 reports that at 1.5°C we'll lose 70-90% of the world's trop… - posted 1 hour ago
- RT @9DashLine: "Kishida’s increasingly muscular security stances also reflect toughening attitudes towards China within Japan’s political e… - posted 2 hours ago
- RT @EvanFeigenbaum: If only there was one that already existed ... one that the US had played a major role in negotiating ... one that the… - posted 2 hours ago
- Good summary of pre-election politics in Japan. Commendably unhysterical about the JCP. twitter.com/nytimesworld/s… - posted 2 hours ago