I mean, really, surely this is a bit soon? I feel more like Scrooge every year, but it’s still early November, Christmas is a month and a half away and already we have to listen to Xmas tunes in the supermarket, be wished “merry Christmas” in commercials on the telly and see illuminations and Xmas trees going up everywhere. Times are hard and I suppose the shops want to sqeeze out every yen they can, but I’m not looking forward to six weeks of this. The final insult is that when 25th December finally arrives there won’t be a trace of any of this Christmas stuff to be seen! “Christmas Ib” as it’s known here is the climax on the 24th, Christmas day doesn’t exist and the countdown to New Year will be underway.
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- RT @SrslyWrong: i love this meme https://t.co/qp4dWVuwaL - posted 2 hours ago
- I've long wondered if the US was gearing up for a rerun of the Civil War. twitter.com/GaijinHackbot/… - posted 2 hours ago
- RT @willofgregor: Saw this. Not my words but definitely sentiments I agree with. https://t.co/4afRorEdB3 - posted 2 hours ago
- "Rupert Murdoch, Australia’s most powerful son, has become one of the world’s most prolific, and most profitable, p… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 19 hours ago
- The SOFA is less restrictive of US actions than in eg Germany or Italy, and not enforced anyway. Reducing the Base… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 21 hours ago