I mean, really, surely this is a bit soon? I feel more like Scrooge every year, but it’s still early November, Christmas is a month and a half away and already we have to listen to Xmas tunes in the supermarket, be wished “merry Christmas” in commercials on the telly and see illuminations and Xmas trees going up everywhere. Times are hard and I suppose the shops want to sqeeze out every yen they can, but I’m not looking forward to six weeks of this. The final insult is that when 25th December finally arrives there won’t be a trace of any of this Christmas stuff to be seen! “Christmas Ib” as it’s known here is the climax on the 24th, Christmas day doesn’t exist and the countdown to New Year will be underway.
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- RT @JonReinsch: US incessantly agrees it's treaty-bound to defend Japan's administration of Senkakus against Chinese aggression. Is US simi… - posted 8 minutes ago
- RT @Dolkun_Isa: I cannot say "happy mothers day" to my mother. She can’t hear my voice. because she was killed by the CCP in one of the co… - posted 1 hour ago
- RT @neko_guruma01: When he was CCS, Suga said nothing but "I don't know (承知してない)" at pressers to protect his boss Abe, which earned him hig… - posted 17 hours ago
- RT @OnPointRadio: We discuss what we need to understand about the story China tells about itself. What does China want its future to be? Ho… - posted 18 hours ago
- RT @Gizmodo: Too Bad, Zuck: Just 4% of U.S. iPhone Users Let Apps Track Them After iOS Update dlvr.it/RzJScl https://t.co/S6FD8kqZ… - posted 1 day ago