I mean, really, surely this is a bit soon? I feel more like Scrooge every year, but it’s still early November, Christmas is a month and a half away and already we have to listen to Xmas tunes in the supermarket, be wished “merry Christmas” in commercials on the telly and see illuminations and Xmas trees going up everywhere. Times are hard and I suppose the shops want to sqeeze out every yen they can, but I’m not looking forward to six weeks of this. The final insult is that when 25th December finally arrives there won’t be a trace of any of this Christmas stuff to be seen! “Christmas Ib” as it’s known here is the climax on the 24th, Christmas day doesn’t exist and the countdown to New Year will be underway.
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- RT @kevinkfyam: Not only have Trump and his allies effectively legitimised #PoliceBrutality in #HongKong by their recent words and deeds re… - posted 1 day ago
- RT @JonReinsch: Diet member Yara Tomohiro tweets that seeing news of troops suppressing protests in the US, he recalls that the US military… - posted 1 day ago
- More than met the eye, as usual. twitter.com/sehof/status/1… - posted 1 day ago
- RT @profTLe: Vietnam doesn’t get enough credit for how well it handled the pandemic. It borders China, folks. Taiwan and New Zealand are is… - posted 1 day ago
- The US White House released this National Security Strategy document in May, which formalizes the current posture t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 2 days ago