I mean, really, surely this is a bit soon? I feel more like Scrooge every year, but it’s still early November, Christmas is a month and a half away and already we have to listen to Xmas tunes in the supermarket, be wished “merry Christmas” in commercials on the telly and see illuminations and Xmas trees going up everywhere. Times are hard and I suppose the shops want to sqeeze out every yen they can, but I’m not looking forward to six weeks of this. The final insult is that when 25th December finally arrives there won’t be a trace of any of this Christmas stuff to be seen! “Christmas Ib” as it’s known here is the climax on the 24th, Christmas day doesn’t exist and the countdown to New Year will be underway.
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- RT @Okumura_Jun: Conspiracy-minded Japanese track their American counterparts closely in their cluster of beliefs: climate change denial, a… - posted 1 day ago
- Not surprising. twitter.com/themainichi/st… - posted 1 day ago
- "uncertainty over where Beijing’s red lines are is leading younger scholars to self-censor" The cost of China’s in… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 1 day ago
- Bookmarked for later. twitter.com/suelinwong/sta… - posted 5 days ago
- RT @jakeadelstein: Japan closed all the toilets in Haneda Airport on the day of Abe's state funeral because.... making everyone be full of… - posted 5 days ago