I mean, really, surely this is a bit soon? I feel more like Scrooge every year, but it’s still early November, Christmas is a month and a half away and already we have to listen to Xmas tunes in the supermarket, be wished “merry Christmas” in commercials on the telly and see illuminations and Xmas trees going up everywhere. Times are hard and I suppose the shops want to sqeeze out every yen they can, but I’m not looking forward to six weeks of this. The final insult is that when 25th December finally arrives there won’t be a trace of any of this Christmas stuff to be seen! “Christmas Ib” as it’s known here is the climax on the 24th, Christmas day doesn’t exist and the countdown to New Year will be underway.
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- "unaccountable corporate giants force-feeding a captive population with fake meat... ironically, describes the food… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 2 days ago
- "Communist Party leaders in Beijing and the Taliban have little ideological common ground but experts feel shared p… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 2 days ago
- RT @ZarAliAfridi: @MFA_China Pakistan first offered Taliban to US where rate was below expectations. Then Pakistan,s ISI attacked Chinese e… - posted 2 days ago
- RT @MattSchrader_DC: Authoritarian or democracy, Islamic or officially atheist, doesn't really matter as long as you respect China's "inter… - posted 2 days ago
- RT @WilliamYang120: More than 100 Nobel laureates have signed a statement expressing outrage after #Beijing intended to “bully the scientif… - posted 2 days ago