I mean, really, surely this is a bit soon? I feel more like Scrooge every year, but it’s still early November, Christmas is a month and a half away and already we have to listen to Xmas tunes in the supermarket, be wished “merry Christmas” in commercials on the telly and see illuminations and Xmas trees going up everywhere. Times are hard and I suppose the shops want to sqeeze out every yen they can, but I’m not looking forward to six weeks of this. The final insult is that when 25th December finally arrives there won’t be a trace of any of this Christmas stuff to be seen! “Christmas Ib” as it’s known here is the climax on the 24th, Christmas day doesn’t exist and the countdown to New Year will be underway.
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- But they'll persist anyway. Lunacy. twitter.com/pmdfoster/stat… - posted 3 hours ago
- RT @NapolitanoDean: Hong Kong pro-democracy activists Joshua Wong and Agnes Chow were placed in custody on Monday and face imprisonment aft… - posted 6 hours ago
- RT @wataruen: @bull_japanese @csmagor I don't pretend to believe that the inoculation programs will all be carried off perfectly all over t… - posted 6 hours ago
- RT @Baakfanmouyan: None of what has transpired in Hong Kong since June 9, 2019, had to happen as it did. All could have been avoided with a… - posted 7 hours ago
- Certainly not a Ghosn fan, but if some attention can be drawn to Japan's inhumane treatment of criminal suspects it… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 9 hours ago