I mean, really, surely this is a bit soon? I feel more like Scrooge every year, but it’s still early November, Christmas is a month and a half away and already we have to listen to Xmas tunes in the supermarket, be wished “merry Christmas” in commercials on the telly and see illuminations and Xmas trees going up everywhere. Times are hard and I suppose the shops want to sqeeze out every yen they can, but I’m not looking forward to six weeks of this. The final insult is that when 25th December finally arrives there won’t be a trace of any of this Christmas stuff to be seen! “Christmas Ib” as it’s known here is the climax on the 24th, Christmas day doesn’t exist and the countdown to New Year will be underway.
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- RT @mrjamesob: They can never admit the truth to the people they misled. The last 3 1/2 years have all been variations on this simple theme… - posted 1 day ago
- For Americans. twitter.com/MMFlint/status… - posted 1 day ago
- While the US marines are quite happy to stay in Futenma indefinitely... twitter.com/JonReinsch/sta… - posted 1 day ago
- RT @gadyepstein: "For our enemies, we have shotguns" -- China is quicker to take offense, and retaliates more harshly, than in past. The Ch… - posted 1 day ago
- RT @TimothyS: POTUS the white nationalist, speaking to his crowd. twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/st… - posted 1 day ago