This weekend (27th & 28th) we stayed in Nagoya again to do some cleaning up before the New Year holiday. I had given myself the task of getting the grease off the extractor fan hood, and T re-waxed the floor so the restaurant looks quite nice now. This is the traditional time for a big cleanup here, so everything can be fresh for the New Year. Actually new year is associated with Spring anyway – the traditional lunar calendar, still followed in Okinawa and China, would put it somewhere in February, and even at the end of December you’re already past the solstice so the days are getting longer – so we’re not that far from our Spring Cleaning really.
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- "unaccountable corporate giants force-feeding a captive population with fake meat... ironically, describes the food… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 2 days ago
- "Communist Party leaders in Beijing and the Taliban have little ideological common ground but experts feel shared p… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 2 days ago
- RT @ZarAliAfridi: @MFA_China Pakistan first offered Taliban to US where rate was below expectations. Then Pakistan,s ISI attacked Chinese e… - posted 2 days ago
- RT @MattSchrader_DC: Authoritarian or democracy, Islamic or officially atheist, doesn't really matter as long as you respect China's "inter… - posted 2 days ago
- RT @WilliamYang120: More than 100 Nobel laureates have signed a statement expressing outrage after #Beijing intended to “bully the scientif… - posted 2 days ago