This weekend (27th & 28th) we stayed in Nagoya again to do some cleaning up before the New Year holiday. I had given myself the task of getting the grease off the extractor fan hood, and T re-waxed the floor so the restaurant looks quite nice now. This is the traditional time for a big cleanup here, so everything can be fresh for the New Year. Actually new year is associated with Spring anyway – the traditional lunar calendar, still followed in Okinawa and China, would put it somewhere in February, and even at the end of December you’re already past the solstice so the days are getting longer – so we’re not that far from our Spring Cleaning really.
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- RT @SrslyWrong: i love this meme https://t.co/qp4dWVuwaL - posted 41 minutes ago
- I've long wondered if the US was gearing up for a rerun of the Civil War. twitter.com/GaijinHackbot/… - posted 1 hour ago
- RT @willofgregor: Saw this. Not my words but definitely sentiments I agree with. https://t.co/4afRorEdB3 - posted 1 hour ago
- "Rupert Murdoch, Australia’s most powerful son, has become one of the world’s most prolific, and most profitable, p… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 18 hours ago
- The SOFA is less restrictive of US actions than in eg Germany or Italy, and not enforced anyway. Reducing the Base… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 19 hours ago