This weekend (27th & 28th) we stayed in Nagoya again to do some cleaning up before the New Year holiday. I had given myself the task of getting the grease off the extractor fan hood, and T re-waxed the floor so the restaurant looks quite nice now. This is the traditional time for a big cleanup here, so everything can be fresh for the New Year. Actually new year is associated with Spring anyway – the traditional lunar calendar, still followed in Okinawa and China, would put it somewhere in February, and even at the end of December you’re already past the solstice so the days are getting longer – so we’re not that far from our Spring Cleaning really.
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- RT @GeorgeMonbiot: Remember when we laughed at the Americans for rebranding French fries as "Freedom fries", because France wouldn't join t… - posted 2 days ago
- The #Xinjiang #Genocide proceeds. twitter.com/jnzst/status/1… - posted 3 days ago
- RT @Okumura_Jun: So Europe is getting vaccines earlier than scheduled while Japan... hmm... Mr. @konotarogomame aka @konotaromp, where did… - posted 3 days ago
- RT @Nuttallreports: I've seen some alleging Adrian Zenz is the only source for the genocide concerns in Xinjiang. This is not true. Those s… - posted 3 days ago
- #Xinjiang #Genocide twitter.com/BeijingPalmer/… - posted 3 days ago