This weekend (27th & 28th) we stayed in Nagoya again to do some cleaning up before the New Year holiday. I had given myself the task of getting the grease off the extractor fan hood, and T re-waxed the floor so the restaurant looks quite nice now. This is the traditional time for a big cleanup here, so everything can be fresh for the New Year. Actually new year is associated with Spring anyway – the traditional lunar calendar, still followed in Okinawa and China, would put it somewhere in February, and even at the end of December you’re already past the solstice so the days are getting longer – so we’re not that far from our Spring Cleaning really.
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- RT @jljzen: China's Global Times newspaper has called the military exercises “rehearsals on taking over Taiwan.” “The U.S. and Taiwan must… - posted 1 hour ago
- Brilliant. twitter.com/MattSchrader_D… - posted 16 hours ago
- The "free world" really needs to show more solidarity with Taiwan. Missiles aren't the only way - let Taiwan join t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 17 hours ago
- "When the mother initially denied the allegation, she was told by police that other family members would be called… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 17 hours ago
- Taiwan with its strong economy and healthy democracy will surely be hard just to casually take over? twitter.com/HopkinsPOFA/st… - posted 1 day ago