This weekend (27th & 28th) we stayed in Nagoya again to do some cleaning up before the New Year holiday. I had given myself the task of getting the grease off the extractor fan hood, and T re-waxed the floor so the restaurant looks quite nice now. This is the traditional time for a big cleanup here, so everything can be fresh for the New Year. Actually new year is associated with Spring anyway – the traditional lunar calendar, still followed in Okinawa and China, would put it somewhere in February, and even at the end of December you’re already past the solstice so the days are getting longer – so we’re not that far from our Spring Cleaning really.
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- RT @mrjeffu: Video from 2010 shows LDP lawmaker Marukawa Tamayo trying to disrupt a committee hearing by shouting that DPJ politicians were… - posted 42 minutes ago
- RT @henrysgao: "China can attack Japan directly so long as it detects aggressive motive from Japan, as per Art. 53, 77 & 107 of the UN Char… - posted 1 day ago
- RT @JamesDJBrown: Some of obstacles to Kishida's Kyiv visit are due to Diet's rules/norms. Visit will take 3 days yet PM is expected to be… - posted 1 day ago
- RT @JamesDJBrown: Japanese celeb Dewi criticises ex-PM Mori Yoshiro & Diet member Suzuki Muneo for their support for Russia. She says they'… - posted 1 day ago
- Birth of a Russia Faction? twitter.com/JamesDJBrown/s… - posted 1 day ago