Those birds were on TV yesterday, flying around in huge flocks in Gujo Hachiman – a town in Gifu, a bit north of our country place. According to the announcer they were bramblings (アトリ in Japanese), which seemed about right, except that I thought they had a crest on their heads… Anyway they were flying around in these huge flocks – some 900,000 said the local expert – making an amazing whooshing noise. Our flock might not have been quite that big but there were certainly enough of them. Migrants from the Asian continent apparently, so we won’t be seeing any more for a while once they head back for the summer.
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- Japan PM Abe calls for Taiwan's participation in WHO as coronavirus spreads english.kyodonews.net/news/2020/01/c… - posted 1 day ago
- RT @bull_japanese: @hikosaemon @Durf US medical system killed my brother. Lost his job. Lost his insurance. Wouldn't call an ambulance whe… - posted 1 day ago
- RT @tokyo_0: @ZephyrK9 @mjswhitebread Problem is a negative result can mean you just don't have a positive result yet. Lots of folks have t… - posted 1 day ago
- This seems to be where we are now. twitter.com/ShingetsuNews/… - posted 1 day ago
- RT @neko_guruma01: Here is a 9th meeting of the COVID-19 special task force. We have not invited any expert in infectious diseases here yet… - posted 1 day ago