Those birds were on TV yesterday, flying around in huge flocks in Gujo Hachiman – a town in Gifu, a bit north of our country place. According to the announcer they were bramblings (アトリ in Japanese), which seemed about right, except that I thought they had a crest on their heads… Anyway they were flying around in these huge flocks – some 900,000 said the local expert – making an amazing whooshing noise. Our flock might not have been quite that big but there were certainly enough of them. Migrants from the Asian continent apparently, so we won’t be seeing any more for a while once they head back for the summer.
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- RT @jljzen: China's Global Times newspaper has called the military exercises “rehearsals on taking over Taiwan.” “The U.S. and Taiwan must… - posted 1 hour ago
- Brilliant. twitter.com/MattSchrader_D… - posted 16 hours ago
- The "free world" really needs to show more solidarity with Taiwan. Missiles aren't the only way - let Taiwan join t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 16 hours ago
- "When the mother initially denied the allegation, she was told by police that other family members would be called… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 16 hours ago
- Taiwan with its strong economy and healthy democracy will surely be hard just to casually take over? twitter.com/HopkinsPOFA/st… - posted 1 day ago