Those birds were on TV yesterday, flying around in huge flocks in Gujo Hachiman – a town in Gifu, a bit north of our country place. According to the announcer they were bramblings (アトリ in Japanese), which seemed about right, except that I thought they had a crest on their heads… Anyway they were flying around in these huge flocks – some 900,000 said the local expert – making an amazing whooshing noise. Our flock might not have been quite that big but there were certainly enough of them. Migrants from the Asian continent apparently, so we won’t be seeing any more for a while once they head back for the summer.
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- RT @gulogulo37: @JChengWSJ The Chinese get to enjoy freedom of expression abroad in support of its suppression back home. - posted 18 hours ago
- RT @melissakchan: Beijing shot its own people 30 years ago. The world went ahead and did business with China. A million people are in conce… - posted 18 hours ago
- RT @mgerrydoyle: this is a huge deal not just because it strikes down a law the government used an emergency powers ordinance to pass, but… - posted 18 hours ago
- ...in our dreams... twitter.com/neko_guruma01/… - posted 18 hours ago
- RT @Yaqiu: Outrageous. The Communist Party jails, tortures and harasses those who speak freely, stringently censors what info Chinese peopl… - posted 18 hours ago