Those birds were on TV yesterday, flying around in huge flocks in Gujo Hachiman – a town in Gifu, a bit north of our country place. According to the announcer they were bramblings (アトリ in Japanese), which seemed about right, except that I thought they had a crest on their heads… Anyway they were flying around in these huge flocks – some 900,000 said the local expert – making an amazing whooshing noise. Our flock might not have been quite that big but there were certainly enough of them. Migrants from the Asian continent apparently, so we won’t be seeing any more for a while once they head back for the summer.
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- RT @SrslyWrong: i love this meme https://t.co/qp4dWVuwaL - posted 22 minutes ago
- I've long wondered if the US was gearing up for a rerun of the Civil War. twitter.com/GaijinHackbot/… - posted 49 minutes ago
- RT @willofgregor: Saw this. Not my words but definitely sentiments I agree with. https://t.co/4afRorEdB3 - posted 52 minutes ago
- "Rupert Murdoch, Australia’s most powerful son, has become one of the world’s most prolific, and most profitable, p… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 18 hours ago
- The SOFA is less restrictive of US actions than in eg Germany or Italy, and not enforced anyway. Reducing the Base… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 19 hours ago