- Wet. Paradise will have to be deferred a bit.
- Rape flowers out and looking beautiful. Rape is grown for the oil from the seeds, but the shoots are good to eat too – something like purple sprouting broccoli.
- Rice planting is going on lower down, but the paddies near us are still empty pools of water.
- First lizard of the season, and first leech!
- Monday turned out to be beautiful. A gorgeous soft, wistful Spring day; the air is hazy with that dust that blows in from the Gobi desert or somewhere. Our weeping cherry is dropping confetti for the May Queen’s wedding…
- Min. temp. 2°C, max. 21°C