Worth a read. The only good news is that people here aren’t really behind any of Abe’s nationalistic nonsense. They just wish their lives would get a bit better. As usual, the incumbent government gets the blame, and the DPJ will probably be thrown out.
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- RT @hausfath: If emissions had peaked back in 2000 we would be skiing down a bunny slope toward 1.5C. Today we face a double black diamond,… - posted 1 hour ago
- RT @jhgage1: @StillDanLehrer @CynthiaSax @hausfath @robbie_andrew The IPCC SR15 reports that at 1.5°C we'll lose 70-90% of the world's trop… - posted 1 hour ago
- RT @9DashLine: "Kishida’s increasingly muscular security stances also reflect toughening attitudes towards China within Japan’s political e… - posted 1 hour ago
- RT @EvanFeigenbaum: If only there was one that already existed ... one that the US had played a major role in negotiating ... one that the… - posted 1 hour ago
- Good summary of pre-election politics in Japan. Commendably unhysterical about the JCP. twitter.com/nytimesworld/s… - posted 1 hour ago