There was no farmlog for the 16th of November because we had to stay in Nagoya. I took the chance to have a look round Osu, which is our local version of Akihabara, the famous computer and anime district of Tokyo – the centre of “otaku” culture. I came home with a “new” second-hand computer I found: an IBM desktop with a 2.4GHz Pentium 4 processor, 512MB of memory, 80GB hard disk and a DVD/CD drive that can write too, so I can make CDs. It’s quite an improvement on the present box, and was going for the almost “junk” price of 7300 yen (about $80). I thought it was a bargain, and so far it seems to be working OK, though checking it out has taken most of my “computer time” this past week. Fingers crossed…
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- Please, before the smartphone gets entrenched, can someone in Japan see how much more efficient a contactless card… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 2 hours ago
- RT @JonReinsch: US F-16 drops 200 kg (440 lb) dummy bomb outside firing range in northeastern Japan US must be quaking in its boots after s… - posted 4 days ago
- RT @ShingetsuNews: Ruling party has resumed debate on revising Article 9 of the Constitution for the first time in a couple years. It's not… - posted 4 days ago
- RT @JamesDJBrown: Japan Embassy pulls backing for Vienna exhibition with works about Fukushima No. 1 and WWII after concerns were raised by… - posted 4 days ago
- RT @WillWorth: @brexit_sham Yes, we don't want to be unfairly tricked into forming a fairer society, do we? Those slippery Trojans, with th… - posted 4 days ago