There was no farmlog for the 16th of November because we had to stay in Nagoya. I took the chance to have a look round Osu, which is our local version of Akihabara, the famous computer and anime district of Tokyo – the centre of “otaku” culture. I came home with a “new” second-hand computer I found: an IBM desktop with a 2.4GHz Pentium 4 processor, 512MB of memory, 80GB hard disk and a DVD/CD drive that can write too, so I can make CDs. It’s quite an improvement on the present box, and was going for the almost “junk” price of 7300 yen (about $80). I thought it was a bargain, and so far it seems to be working OK, though checking it out has taken most of my “computer time” this past week. Fingers crossed…
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- RT @Okumura_Jun: Conspiracy-minded Japanese track their American counterparts closely in their cluster of beliefs: climate change denial, a… - posted 1 day ago
- Not surprising. twitter.com/themainichi/st… - posted 1 day ago
- "uncertainty over where Beijing’s red lines are is leading younger scholars to self-censor" The cost of China’s in… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 1 day ago
- Bookmarked for later. twitter.com/suelinwong/sta… - posted 5 days ago
- RT @jakeadelstein: Japan closed all the toilets in Haneda Airport on the day of Abe's state funeral because.... making everyone be full of… - posted 5 days ago