There was no farmlog for the 16th of November because we had to stay in Nagoya. I took the chance to have a look round Osu, which is our local version of Akihabara, the famous computer and anime district of Tokyo – the centre of “otaku” culture. I came home with a “new” second-hand computer I found: an IBM desktop with a 2.4GHz Pentium 4 processor, 512MB of memory, 80GB hard disk and a DVD/CD drive that can write too, so I can make CDs. It’s quite an improvement on the present box, and was going for the almost “junk” price of 7300 yen (about $80). I thought it was a bargain, and so far it seems to be working OK, though checking it out has taken most of my “computer time” this past week. Fingers crossed…
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- RT @PythonYokohama: Feels like the caveman after being inside for so long. It's time to go back to school. Don't worry I will restrain myse… - posted 11 hours ago
- RT @PythonYokohama: Managed to get hold of a smart phone after 4 days. - posted 11 hours ago
- Listening to the newest episode right now - seems quite good. "A fortnightly podcast from the Spectator on the lat… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 14 hours ago
- RT @JChengWSJ: Beijing to Stockholm: I'm gonna give you to the count of ten to reverse your ban on Huawei before I hit your precious Ericss… - posted 16 hours ago
- RT @juliaminuma: In addition to Kanagawa prefecture governor rejecting Tokyo2020’s request to secure hospitals designated for Olympic athle… - posted 17 hours ago