There was no farmlog for the 16th of November because we had to stay in Nagoya. I took the chance to have a look round Osu, which is our local version of Akihabara, the famous computer and anime district of Tokyo – the centre of “otaku” culture. I came home with a “new” second-hand computer I found: an IBM desktop with a 2.4GHz Pentium 4 processor, 512MB of memory, 80GB hard disk and a DVD/CD drive that can write too, so I can make CDs. It’s quite an improvement on the present box, and was going for the almost “junk” price of 7300 yen (about $80). I thought it was a bargain, and so far it seems to be working OK, though checking it out has taken most of my “computer time” this past week. Fingers crossed…
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- RT @JonReinsch: 80% of Japanese age 18-29 support the Suga Cabinet, and 47% prefer Trump to Biden. I fear for Japan's future. https://t.co/… - posted 3 days ago
- The Myanmar military are the scum of the earth, with a long history of corruption and atrocities. Blind eyes and p… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 3 days ago
- RT @amirrehman2: @DalaiLama The most important purpose of education is to learn how to find the beauty of life.The whole purpose of educati… - posted 3 days ago
- RT @DalaiLama: The aim of education should be to train happy individuals who make up a peaceful society. It requires warm-heartedness and t… - posted 3 days ago
- RT @stucam7771: Maybe Trump should get Mike Pence to pardon the thanksgiving turkeys this year to give him some practice... - posted 3 days ago