There was no farmlog for the 16th of November because we had to stay in Nagoya. I took the chance to have a look round Osu, which is our local version of Akihabara, the famous computer and anime district of Tokyo – the centre of “otaku” culture. I came home with a “new” second-hand computer I found: an IBM desktop with a 2.4GHz Pentium 4 processor, 512MB of memory, 80GB hard disk and a DVD/CD drive that can write too, so I can make CDs. It’s quite an improvement on the present box, and was going for the almost “junk” price of 7300 yen (about $80). I thought it was a bargain, and so far it seems to be working OK, though checking it out has taken most of my “computer time” this past week. Fingers crossed…
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- RT @jljzen: China's Global Times newspaper has called the military exercises “rehearsals on taking over Taiwan.” “The U.S. and Taiwan must… - posted 2 days ago
- Brilliant. twitter.com/MattSchrader_D… - posted 2 days ago
- The "free world" really needs to show more solidarity with Taiwan. Missiles aren't the only way - let Taiwan join t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 2 days ago
- "When the mother initially denied the allegation, she was told by police that other family members would be called… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 2 days ago
- Taiwan with its strong economy and healthy democracy will surely be hard just to casually take over? twitter.com/HopkinsPOFA/st… - posted 3 days ago