There was no farmlog for the 16th of November because we had to stay in Nagoya. I took the chance to have a look round Osu, which is our local version of Akihabara, the famous computer and anime district of Tokyo – the centre of “otaku” culture. I came home with a “new” second-hand computer I found: an IBM desktop with a 2.4GHz Pentium 4 processor, 512MB of memory, 80GB hard disk and a DVD/CD drive that can write too, so I can make CDs. It’s quite an improvement on the present box, and was going for the almost “junk” price of 7300 yen (about $80). I thought it was a bargain, and so far it seems to be working OK, though checking it out has taken most of my “computer time” this past week. Fingers crossed…
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- Twitter comments for some time now. #WhatsHappeninglnMyanmar twitter.com/Scholars_Stage… - posted 48 minutes ago
- May or after... twitter.com/observingjapan… - posted 23 hours ago
- Thread worth reading. twitter.com/limdarrenj/sta… - posted 23 hours ago
- RT @limdarrenj: As China promotes its model as one worthy of emulation, it is also exporting toolkits for monitoring and censorship. Tools… - posted 23 hours ago
- RT @neko_guruma01: Reporter on a famous news outlet came over and interviewed me about the vaccine rollout. He began with: "I hear most doc… - posted 23 hours ago