There was no farmlog for the 16th of November because we had to stay in Nagoya. I took the chance to have a look round Osu, which is our local version of Akihabara, the famous computer and anime district of Tokyo – the centre of “otaku” culture. I came home with a “new” second-hand computer I found: an IBM desktop with a 2.4GHz Pentium 4 processor, 512MB of memory, 80GB hard disk and a DVD/CD drive that can write too, so I can make CDs. It’s quite an improvement on the present box, and was going for the almost “junk” price of 7300 yen (about $80). I thought it was a bargain, and so far it seems to be working OK, though checking it out has taken most of my “computer time” this past week. Fingers crossed…
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- Interesting thread twitter.com/itrulyknowchin… - posted 1 day ago
- RT @DM2501: @ShingetsuNews The Japan Inc. companies used to have a policy of “social care” but for 20 years they’ve seen themselves slowly… - posted 2 days ago
- RT @sina_lana: Government officials are big clients of the sex industry in Japan. They're also overwhelmingly a bunch of elderly men who sm… - posted 2 days ago
- RT @JonReinsch: "In the past, Japan’s key government officials have stated that U.S. military bases cannot be relocated to other prefecture… - posted 2 days ago
- RT @uwsgeezer: I haven't wept since this all began. Then I saw this outside our neighbor's apartment. This person works in one of the area… - posted 2 days ago