There was no farmlog for the 16th of November because we had to stay in Nagoya. I took the chance to have a look round Osu, which is our local version of Akihabara, the famous computer and anime district of Tokyo – the centre of “otaku” culture. I came home with a “new” second-hand computer I found: an IBM desktop with a 2.4GHz Pentium 4 processor, 512MB of memory, 80GB hard disk and a DVD/CD drive that can write too, so I can make CDs. It’s quite an improvement on the present box, and was going for the almost “junk” price of 7300 yen (about $80). I thought it was a bargain, and so far it seems to be working OK, though checking it out has taken most of my “computer time” this past week. Fingers crossed…
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- "unaccountable corporate giants force-feeding a captive population with fake meat... ironically, describes the food… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 2 days ago
- "Communist Party leaders in Beijing and the Taliban have little ideological common ground but experts feel shared p… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 2 days ago
- RT @ZarAliAfridi: @MFA_China Pakistan first offered Taliban to US where rate was below expectations. Then Pakistan,s ISI attacked Chinese e… - posted 2 days ago
- RT @MattSchrader_DC: Authoritarian or democracy, Islamic or officially atheist, doesn't really matter as long as you respect China's "inter… - posted 2 days ago
- RT @WilliamYang120: More than 100 Nobel laureates have signed a statement expressing outrage after #Beijing intended to “bully the scientif… - posted 2 days ago