There was no farmlog for the 16th of November because we had to stay in Nagoya. I took the chance to have a look round Osu, which is our local version of Akihabara, the famous computer and anime district of Tokyo – the centre of “otaku” culture. I came home with a “new” second-hand computer I found: an IBM desktop with a 2.4GHz Pentium 4 processor, 512MB of memory, 80GB hard disk and a DVD/CD drive that can write too, so I can make CDs. It’s quite an improvement on the present box, and was going for the almost “junk” price of 7300 yen (about $80). I thought it was a bargain, and so far it seems to be working OK, though checking it out has taken most of my “computer time” this past week. Fingers crossed…
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- RT @oiliveHK: @AMFChina The ancestors is the developed world has strived hard to get democracy. Democracy must be fought but not falling fr… - posted 2 days ago
- RT @sina_lana: @robotopia @YukariSakamoto @LandersWSJ @uniqlo Guys. It's not *supposed* to filter viruses from the air you breathe. Neither… - posted 2 days ago
- RT @JonReinsch: Former defense minister Onodera: “We would not be able to possess a capability that could mean the total destruction of an… - posted 2 days ago
- RT @XinqiSu: It’s been 48 minutes since the national security law was promulgated in HK. To sum it up very very briefly: 1. Life imprisonm… - posted 2 days ago
- "The more the CCP leans on nationalism, the less worried liberal democracies should be about China as an ideologica… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 2 days ago