There was no farmlog for the 16th of November because we had to stay in Nagoya. I took the chance to have a look round Osu, which is our local version of Akihabara, the famous computer and anime district of Tokyo – the centre of “otaku” culture. I came home with a “new” second-hand computer I found: an IBM desktop with a 2.4GHz Pentium 4 processor, 512MB of memory, 80GB hard disk and a DVD/CD drive that can write too, so I can make CDs. It’s quite an improvement on the present box, and was going for the almost “junk” price of 7300 yen (about $80). I thought it was a bargain, and so far it seems to be working OK, though checking it out has taken most of my “computer time” this past week. Fingers crossed…
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- RT @mrjeffu: Video from 2010 shows LDP lawmaker Marukawa Tamayo trying to disrupt a committee hearing by shouting that DPJ politicians were… - posted 40 minutes ago
- RT @henrysgao: "China can attack Japan directly so long as it detects aggressive motive from Japan, as per Art. 53, 77 & 107 of the UN Char… - posted 1 day ago
- RT @JamesDJBrown: Some of obstacles to Kishida's Kyiv visit are due to Diet's rules/norms. Visit will take 3 days yet PM is expected to be… - posted 1 day ago
- RT @JamesDJBrown: Japanese celeb Dewi criticises ex-PM Mori Yoshiro & Diet member Suzuki Muneo for their support for Russia. She says they'… - posted 1 day ago
- Birth of a Russia Faction? twitter.com/JamesDJBrown/s… - posted 1 day ago