There was no farmlog for the 16th of November because we had to stay in Nagoya. I took the chance to have a look round Osu, which is our local version of Akihabara, the famous computer and anime district of Tokyo – the centre of “otaku” culture. I came home with a “new” second-hand computer I found: an IBM desktop with a 2.4GHz Pentium 4 processor, 512MB of memory, 80GB hard disk and a DVD/CD drive that can write too, so I can make CDs. It’s quite an improvement on the present box, and was going for the almost “junk” price of 7300 yen (about $80). I thought it was a bargain, and so far it seems to be working OK, though checking it out has taken most of my “computer time” this past week. Fingers crossed…
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- RT @EvanFeigenbaum: If only there was one that already existed ... one that the US had played a major role in negotiating ... one that the… - posted 14 minutes ago
- Good summary of pre-election politics in Japan. Commendably unhysterical about the JCP. twitter.com/nytimesworld/s… - posted 27 minutes ago
- “The Chinese bureaucrats [allegedly behind the move] have effectively demonstrated why it is incumbent on us to rei… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 43 minutes ago
- Whaat?! 3 months in police detention for letting off a firecracker! Have they been charged with any crime? twitter.com/action_sydney/… - posted 1 hour ago
- RT @DrewPavlou: The anti-war movement should be focusing its efforts protesting the warmongers in Beijing since they are the ones threateni… - posted 2 days ago