There was no farmlog for the 16th of November because we had to stay in Nagoya. I took the chance to have a look round Osu, which is our local version of Akihabara, the famous computer and anime district of Tokyo – the centre of “otaku” culture. I came home with a “new” second-hand computer I found: an IBM desktop with a 2.4GHz Pentium 4 processor, 512MB of memory, 80GB hard disk and a DVD/CD drive that can write too, so I can make CDs. It’s quite an improvement on the present box, and was going for the almost “junk” price of 7300 yen (about $80). I thought it was a bargain, and so far it seems to be working OK, though checking it out has taken most of my “computer time” this past week. Fingers crossed…
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- They seem to have forgotten that detainees are supposed to be innocent citizens, until convicted in court. This is… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 17 hours ago
- They seem to have lost sight of the concept that detainees are innocent of any crime, until convicted in court. Th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 17 hours ago
- Interesting... twitter.com/SNAEnvironment… - posted 17 hours ago
- "Taiwan shows a better way, Taiwan shows we can defeat populism, divisiveness and disinformation. Taiwan shows that… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 19 hours ago
- This. twitter.com/ShingetsuNews/… - posted 19 hours ago