There was no farmlog for the 16th of November because we had to stay in Nagoya. I took the chance to have a look round Osu, which is our local version of Akihabara, the famous computer and anime district of Tokyo – the centre of “otaku” culture. I came home with a “new” second-hand computer I found: an IBM desktop with a 2.4GHz Pentium 4 processor, 512MB of memory, 80GB hard disk and a DVD/CD drive that can write too, so I can make CDs. It’s quite an improvement on the present box, and was going for the almost “junk” price of 7300 yen (about $80). I thought it was a bargain, and so far it seems to be working OK, though checking it out has taken most of my “computer time” this past week. Fingers crossed…
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- RT @SrslyWrong: i love this meme https://t.co/qp4dWVuwaL - posted 39 minutes ago
- I've long wondered if the US was gearing up for a rerun of the Civil War. twitter.com/GaijinHackbot/… - posted 1 hour ago
- RT @willofgregor: Saw this. Not my words but definitely sentiments I agree with. https://t.co/4afRorEdB3 - posted 1 hour ago
- "Rupert Murdoch, Australia’s most powerful son, has become one of the world’s most prolific, and most profitable, p… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 18 hours ago
- The SOFA is less restrictive of US actions than in eg Germany or Italy, and not enforced anyway. Reducing the Base… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 19 hours ago