There was no farmlog for the 16th of November because we had to stay in Nagoya. I took the chance to have a look round Osu, which is our local version of Akihabara, the famous computer and anime district of Tokyo – the centre of “otaku” culture. I came home with a “new” second-hand computer I found: an IBM desktop with a 2.4GHz Pentium 4 processor, 512MB of memory, 80GB hard disk and a DVD/CD drive that can write too, so I can make CDs. It’s quite an improvement on the present box, and was going for the almost “junk” price of 7300 yen (about $80). I thought it was a bargain, and so far it seems to be working OK, though checking it out has taken most of my “computer time” this past week. Fingers crossed…
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- This. twitter.com/JustinLeeper_y… - posted 11 hours ago
- RT @GearoidReidy: "people returning from holiday in Spain played a key role in transmitting the virus across Europe, raising questions abou… - posted 11 hours ago
- RT @nytopinion: "Commentators focus on a category they call 'shy Trump voters.' These are voters who supposedly support Mr. Trump but won’t… - posted 1 day ago
- It's amazing (and somewhat encouraging) the speed renewable energy becomes economic. twitter.com/hikosaemon/sta… - posted 1 day ago
- RT @catielila: I'd rather make the case for Biden by arguing that Taiwan needs more than just *US* support in the long run. And a US that w… - posted 1 day ago