There was no farmlog for the 16th of November because we had to stay in Nagoya. I took the chance to have a look round Osu, which is our local version of Akihabara, the famous computer and anime district of Tokyo – the centre of “otaku” culture. I came home with a “new” second-hand computer I found: an IBM desktop with a 2.4GHz Pentium 4 processor, 512MB of memory, 80GB hard disk and a DVD/CD drive that can write too, so I can make CDs. It’s quite an improvement on the present box, and was going for the almost “junk” price of 7300 yen (about $80). I thought it was a bargain, and so far it seems to be working OK, though checking it out has taken most of my “computer time” this past week. Fingers crossed…
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- Historians having to tape together records that Trump tore up | US news | The Guardian theguardian.com/us-news/2021/j… - posted 1 hour ago
- RT @andyg_live: You know propganda is working when someone making $16/hr is fighting with someone making $7.25/hr instead of being angry at… - posted 2 hours ago
- OK crackdown on Christianity next. twitter.com/appledaily_hk/… - posted 2 hours ago
- RT @InitialVW: This is probably pretty overdue but I do think that personally I am pretty close to disavowing the HK pro-democracy movement… - posted 3 hours ago
- RT @BoardofDeputies: .@BoDPres has just written to the Prime Minister @BorisJohnson, calling on the Government to support the Genocide Amen… - posted 3 hours ago