Along with the cicadas, baseball from a radio somewhere is one of the sounds of Summer here; it started today and there’s nothing else on the TV or radio all afternoon, for the next couple of weeks. I really don’t remember anyone paying the slightest attention to a rugby or cricket match between a couple of schools back in the UK (maybe you could compare the University Boat Race?) but here it’s a big event with elimination rounds all round the country and everyone avidly follows the later matches and gets quite emotional. The losing team (and sometimes the winners too) usually burst into tears at the end. T loves it.
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- Sounds like Dylan alright. twitter.com/damienslash/st… - posted 3 hours ago
- RT @olacicho: Every. Single. Time. With thousands of furious women on the streets, here are six male guests discussing abortion law on Poli… - posted 14 hours ago
- RT @AJEnglish: Demonstrators gather in Bangkok after Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha ignores protesters’ deadline to resign https://t.co/5… - posted 14 hours ago
- RT @paulkrugman: Freedom's just another word for getting other people sick - posted 14 hours ago
- I vote vindictiveness. twitter.com/JapanIntercult… - posted 14 hours ago