Along with the cicadas, baseball from a radio somewhere is one of the sounds of Summer here; it started today and there’s nothing else on the TV or radio all afternoon, for the next couple of weeks. I really don’t remember anyone paying the slightest attention to a rugby or cricket match between a couple of schools back in the UK (maybe you could compare the University Boat Race?) but here it’s a big event with elimination rounds all round the country and everyone avidly follows the later matches and gets quite emotional. The losing team (and sometimes the winners too) usually burst into tears at the end. T loves it.
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- Japan PM Abe calls for Taiwan's participation in WHO as coronavirus spreads english.kyodonews.net/news/2020/01/c… - posted 1 day ago
- RT @bull_japanese: @hikosaemon @Durf US medical system killed my brother. Lost his job. Lost his insurance. Wouldn't call an ambulance whe… - posted 1 day ago
- RT @tokyo_0: @ZephyrK9 @mjswhitebread Problem is a negative result can mean you just don't have a positive result yet. Lots of folks have t… - posted 1 day ago
- This seems to be where we are now. twitter.com/ShingetsuNews/… - posted 1 day ago
- RT @neko_guruma01: Here is a 9th meeting of the COVID-19 special task force. We have not invited any expert in infectious diseases here yet… - posted 1 day ago