Along with the cicadas, baseball from a radio somewhere is one of the sounds of Summer here; it started today and there’s nothing else on the TV or radio all afternoon, for the next couple of weeks. I really don’t remember anyone paying the slightest attention to a rugby or cricket match between a couple of schools back in the UK (maybe you could compare the University Boat Race?) but here it’s a big event with elimination rounds all round the country and everyone avidly follows the later matches and gets quite emotional. The losing team (and sometimes the winners too) usually burst into tears at the end. T loves it.
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- The Uighurs are going to love this. twitter.com/JChengWSJ/stat… - posted 2 hours ago
- RT @RonPauliticsJS: A core component of the CPC's 'socialism with Chinese characteristics' is the "securitization" of "culture." As we have… - posted 6 hours ago
- First crack in the façade? twitter.com/tokyoreporter/… - posted 7 hours ago
- RT @JChengWSJ: Get your Chinese Communist Party centenary slogans while they are hot: “Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism With Chinese Charact… - posted 8 hours ago
- "Homepage" has been bothering me for years. twitter.com/tomoakiyama/st… - posted 9 hours ago