Along with the cicadas, baseball from a radio somewhere is one of the sounds of Summer here; it started today and there’s nothing else on the TV or radio all afternoon, for the next couple of weeks. I really don’t remember anyone paying the slightest attention to a rugby or cricket match between a couple of schools back in the UK (maybe you could compare the University Boat Race?) but here it’s a big event with elimination rounds all round the country and everyone avidly follows the later matches and gets quite emotional. The losing team (and sometimes the winners too) usually burst into tears at the end. T loves it.
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- RT @gulogulo37: @JChengWSJ The Chinese get to enjoy freedom of expression abroad in support of its suppression back home. - posted 1 day ago
- RT @melissakchan: Beijing shot its own people 30 years ago. The world went ahead and did business with China. A million people are in conce… - posted 1 day ago
- RT @mgerrydoyle: this is a huge deal not just because it strikes down a law the government used an emergency powers ordinance to pass, but… - posted 1 day ago
- ...in our dreams... twitter.com/neko_guruma01/… - posted 1 day ago
- RT @Yaqiu: Outrageous. The Communist Party jails, tortures and harasses those who speak freely, stringently censors what info Chinese peopl… - posted 1 day ago