Along with the cicadas, baseball from a radio somewhere is one of the sounds of Summer here; it started today and there’s nothing else on the TV or radio all afternoon, for the next couple of weeks. I really don’t remember anyone paying the slightest attention to a rugby or cricket match between a couple of schools back in the UK (maybe you could compare the University Boat Race?) but here it’s a big event with elimination rounds all round the country and everyone avidly follows the later matches and gets quite emotional. The losing team (and sometimes the winners too) usually burst into tears at the end. T loves it.
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- RT @realDonaldTrump: Repubs must not allow Pres Obama to subvert the Constitution of the US for his own benefit & because he is unable to n… - posted 11 hours ago
- RT @BeijingPalmer: also, pet peeve, but *asking people if they approve of the government's direction' in a country where people are sent to… - posted 11 hours ago
- RT @BeijingPalmer: When you talk about the Trump administration's authoritarian moves - which should be a subject of deep worry and action… - posted 11 hours ago
- RT @JonReinsch: "In addition, please examine the plan to establish a nuclear-weapon-free zone in Northeast Asia. And please adhere for eter… - posted 11 hours ago
- RT @prchovanec: It is legitimate to express concern about ways the US might be sliding towards more authoritarian norms that prevail in, sa… - posted 11 hours ago