Along with the cicadas, baseball from a radio somewhere is one of the sounds of Summer here; it started today and there’s nothing else on the TV or radio all afternoon, for the next couple of weeks. I really don’t remember anyone paying the slightest attention to a rugby or cricket match between a couple of schools back in the UK (maybe you could compare the University Boat Race?) but here it’s a big event with elimination rounds all round the country and everyone avidly follows the later matches and gets quite emotional. The losing team (and sometimes the winners too) usually burst into tears at the end. T loves it.
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- RT @kevinkfyam: Not only have Trump and his allies effectively legitimised #PoliceBrutality in #HongKong by their recent words and deeds re… - posted 1 day ago
- RT @JonReinsch: Diet member Yara Tomohiro tweets that seeing news of troops suppressing protests in the US, he recalls that the US military… - posted 1 day ago
- More than met the eye, as usual. twitter.com/sehof/status/1… - posted 1 day ago
- RT @profTLe: Vietnam doesn’t get enough credit for how well it handled the pandemic. It borders China, folks. Taiwan and New Zealand are is… - posted 1 day ago
- The US White House released this National Security Strategy document in May, which formalizes the current posture t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - posted 2 days ago