Along with the cicadas, baseball from a radio somewhere is one of the sounds of Summer here; it started today and there’s nothing else on the TV or radio all afternoon, for the next couple of weeks. I really don’t remember anyone paying the slightest attention to a rugby or cricket match between a couple of schools back in the UK (maybe you could compare the University Boat Race?) but here it’s a big event with elimination rounds all round the country and everyone avidly follows the later matches and gets quite emotional. The losing team (and sometimes the winners too) usually burst into tears at the end. T loves it.
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- RT @fbermingham: NEW! EU to imminently launch WTO case against China over economic coercion campaign against Lithuania https://t.co/CMAce… - posted 17 hours ago
- RT @alfonslopeztena: Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being. But he is not an aberration but a product of a system. W… - posted 1 day ago
- RT @BrentToderian: Never forget that when Seoul, Korea removed the Cheonggyecheon expressway in 2003 & replaced it with a restored stream &… - posted 1 day ago
- RT @SkyNewsAust: Tennis Australia has sensationally backtracked on its order to confiscate and ban T-shirts supporting Chinese player Peng… - posted 2 days ago
- RT @henrysgao: Excerpts from 1978 propaganda comics: "Planned Birth is Good": "The exploiting class has been spreading the propaganda that… - posted 3 days ago