Last Thursday, along with the live broadcasts from yet another grand illumination somewhere with 500,000 LED lights twinkling in some shopping mall, was a news item about a temporary power drop in our area. Because of trouble with a transformer somewhere the voltage dropped by 40% for about 0.07 seconds… That’s right, it wasn’t a power cut, just a reduction, for less than one tenth of a second. As a result, factories all over the area came to a halt, some shut down for a day or more, and a Toshiba semiconductor plant’s output in January and February may be cut by 20~30% as a result. Hard to believe, but it’s true.
This is the avatar I use on various places on the web - you might possibly run into it somewhere.
- RT @mrjeffu: Video from 2010 shows LDP lawmaker Marukawa Tamayo trying to disrupt a committee hearing by shouting that DPJ politicians were… - posted 1 hour ago
- RT @henrysgao: "China can attack Japan directly so long as it detects aggressive motive from Japan, as per Art. 53, 77 & 107 of the UN Char… - posted 1 day ago
- RT @JamesDJBrown: Some of obstacles to Kishida's Kyiv visit are due to Diet's rules/norms. Visit will take 3 days yet PM is expected to be… - posted 1 day ago
- RT @JamesDJBrown: Japanese celeb Dewi criticises ex-PM Mori Yoshiro & Diet member Suzuki Muneo for their support for Russia. She says they'… - posted 1 day ago
- Birth of a Russia Faction? twitter.com/JamesDJBrown/s… - posted 1 day ago